Up until recently, we had to choose between natural ingredients or science-backed skincare. But not anymore!
Andalou Naturals has just launched in Australia and is already making waves in the industry for its science-meets-skincare approach. They combine natural ingredients from Mother Nature with the power of science. The result? High-performing, natural products that are good for your skin.
We asked the experts to explain science-backed skincare, and how we can make the switch.
The power of plants in skincare
Gone are the days when products made with all-natural ingredients lagged behind their commercial counterparts. Thanks to new innovations, plant-based skincare can be just as effective — and they’re free from the potentially harmful chemicals and synthetic ingredients that dry out and irritate the skin.
Andalou takes natural skincare ingredients to a new level. Every product in their line is packed with potent botanical ingredients that are clinically proven to work. Plus, they’re vegan, cruelty-free, and non-GMO Certified.
These are just some of the star ingredients you’ll find in Andalou skin care products:
● Glycolic acid. Think of glycolic acid as the ultimate natural exfoliator. Derived from the natural sugars found in fruit, it dissolves dry, dead skin cells to reveal smoother, more radiant skin underneath.
● Hemp seed oil. High in protein, minerals as well as vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, C and E, hemp oil delivers a hit of hydration to the skin and strengthens its natural protective barrier. Andalou uses organic, cold-pressed hemp seed oil, which is the purest, most nutrient-rich form.
● Hyaluronic acid. A must for dry and dehydrated skin, hyaluronic retains up to 1000 times its weight in water. Yep, you read that right! When applied topically, it seals in moisture for more hydrated, youthful-looking skin.
● Kombucha. Sipping on kombucha detoxifies the body, and the ingredient has a similar effect in skincare. The byproduct of fermented black tea, kombucha is rich in pre- and probiotics to unclog pores and ward off bacteria for less breakouts.
● Magnesium sulfate. If you’re battling blemish-prone, congestion or oily skin, turn to magnesium. Its anti-inflammatory properties work to calm the skin and speed up skin cell regeneration and repair.
● Pumpkin. This popular vegetable is also brilliant at brightening the complexion. A natural source of enzymes, it sweeps away dehydrated skin cells for smoother, softer skin.
● Resveratrol CoQ10 complex. Together, these ingredients work hard to prevent premature ageing and smooth the skin. They fight the free radicals that cause the signs of ageing, like fine lines and wrinkles, and stop elastin from breaking down. It can also shield the skin from environmental damage, such as pollution.
● Turmeric. If you want glowy skin, turmeric is a great addition to your skincare routine. The humble spice has powerful brightening properties and helps to even out the skin tone for a more radiant finish.
● Vitamin C. Popular in brightening products, vitamin C helps to lighten dark spots and hyperpigmentation and even out skin tone. It also protects the skin from UV damage and boosts the production of collagen, which is the protein that’s responsible for keeping your skin plump and firm.
The science behind Andalou’s skincare
Beyond these natural skincare ingredients, Andalou has also developed its own stem cell complexes.
Its Fruit Stem Cell complex is its signature innovation and a key ingredient in its science-backed skincare range. It’s a blend of stem cells from the heirloom apple, grape, hemp plant, argan tree and Swiss alpine rose.
Each extract was chosen for its unique effects on the skin after years of research and development. Combined, the complex is an antioxidant powerhouse that can improve skin health naturally.
These are the major stem cell benefits for skin:
● Locks in hydration
● Prevents the breakdown of collagen and elastin
● Boosts skin cell turnover for younger-looking skin
● Firms the skin and plumps wrinkles and fine lines
● Improves the appearance of photoaging
● Combats oxidative damage caused by pollution, sun exposure and air conditioning
● Calms redness and irritation
The stem cell skincare results speak for themselves. In a recent survey of Australian women, the brand found:
● 9/10 said the Brightening range left their skin looking luminous.
● 9/10 said the Sensitive range hydrated, soothes and nourished their complexions.
● 9/10 said the Quenching range delivered deep and lasting hydration.
● 8/10 said the Age Defying range reduced their fine lines and wrinkles.
How to supercharge your skincare routine with science
All skin types can benefit from these ingredients and complexes. Here’s a great routine to follow:
1. Cleanse and reinvigorate your skin with the Brightening Meyer Lemon Creamy Cleanser.
2. Slather on the Brightening Turmeric C Enlighten Serum, and allow it to absorb.
3. Moisturise with the Cannacell Happy Day Cream for stressed-out skin, or Age Defying Hyaluronic DMAE Lift & Firm Cream for dry or mature skin.
4. Once a week, treat your skin to the Cannacell Glow Mask to fight the pollution from modern-day living. If your skin is feeling dull or dry, try the Brightening Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask — and if it tingles a little, you know it’s working!
Learn more about science-backed skincare
Andalou Australia strikes the perfect balance between scientific proof and gentle, natural ingredients.