So, after three (or more) years of late nights, exams, assignments and stress, you've finally finished your degree. Graduating uni is one of the most exciting and nerve wracking times of your life. After all, you have to leave the comfortable cocoon of uni and actually you know, get a job.
Here's 50 thoughts you have when you finish your degree.
1. I can't believe the day is finally here!
2. My graduation cap is too tight...
3. Now it's giving me a headache.
4. I can't believe I had to pay to wear this.
5. I have to perfect the tossing of my cap for pictures later.
6. Alright, let's do this!
7. What do you mean I have to sit on stage for 45 minutes before the ceremony begins?
8. Oh my god, why does this program have so many pages?
9. I've never seen any of these people before in my life!
10. The stage lights are so hot...
11. Haven't these people ever heard of air conditioning?
12. Oh, they're about to start the ceremony briefing.
13. So you have to doff the Chancellor, shake with your left hand and take the parchment with your right.
14. Wait, which hand do you shake with again?
15. Sh*t, the ceremony is starting!
16. Ohh, I can see my family from here. Hi!!
17. Ugh, I was just in that person’s selfie.
18. Should I take a selfie?
19. OF COURSE.
20. Adding THAT to my Instagram!
21. Ugh, how long is the Chancellor's speech?!
22. HOW LONG CAN ONE GUY TALK FOR?
23. We're finally getting close to the names.
24. Wait, which side is my tassel supposed to be on again?
25. Sh*t, people are starting to line up.
26. THIS IS MY TIME.
27. I'd better not trip.
28. Holy sh*t, how high are those girls heels!?
29. HOW DOES SHE WALK?
30. I wonder if everyone can tell I'm sweating.
31. Oh my god, that person got A LOT of applause.
32. Oh my god, they're about to call my name.
33. OH MY GOD HOW DO YOU SHAKE SOMEONE'S HAND? WHICH HAND AM I SUPPOSED TO SHAKE WITH? I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING.
34. Okay, I did it. I wonder if they could tell my hands were sweaty.
35. Ugh, now I have to sit through everyone else's names.
36. Wait, holy shit. I HAVE MY DEGREE!
37. This is probably the most expensive piece of paper I've ever owned.
38. I'm so hungry. I can't wait to eat after this.
39. It's ending! It's ending! Let's move this tassel baby!
40. I don't want to give my cap back! I WANT TO WEAR IT FOREVER.
41. Oh f#@k it, I'm an adult.
42. LETS GET OUT OF HERE!
43. Photo time!
44. Yes, I'll have that glass of champagne, thank you.
45. Wow, I can't believe I just graduated.
46. I did it.
47. I'm no longer a student!
48. I'm officially in the real world!
49. Oh god.
50. Now what?
Emma is just your average book loving, tea drinking, story writing, narcissistic millennial on an eternal quest for the perfect t-shirt. Ever since she picked up her first copy of Dolly when she was twelve, she always knew she wanted to work in magazines. She would describe herself as a bit of a hopeless romantic with an obsession for true crime and horror and a love for red wine, whiskey or a stiff gin and tonic. When she's not binge watching Netflix or buying things she can't afford online, she spends her weekends trawling through bookstores and eating her way through Brisbane.