We've all been there, right?
Mums are the best but sometimes we get a little distracted and forget the one day that celebrates them. (#EPICFAIL) Here's how the panic sets in when we've left it to the last minute to get a Mother's Day gift.
1 Month Out
1. Mother's Day is a month away, that's plenty of time.
2. I'll think of something amazing this year. The past few Mother's Days have seen me buying whatever I can find in 10 minutes. (I may have done a Petrol Station scout too)
1 Week To Go
3. Oh, that came out of nowhere!
4. 1 week out. Still plenty of time.
5. Should've saved some money for a present...
6. I'll deal with it tomorrow.
48 hours Left
7. Who does over night shipping?
8. That won't work because nothing is delivered over the weekend.
9. Why do I do this to myself?
10. It's fine, I'll buy her flowers and ....
11. I have a purple lipstick that I haven't opened.
13. Don't be ridiculous. I'll go to the shops tomorrow and get it sorted.
*Checks bank account
14. I have no money.
15. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
16. Why does everything have to be so expensive?
17. What can I sell to make some spare cash?
18. I know, I'll write her an appreciation note.
19. And I can cook her dinner - at her house - with her ingredients. Hey, it's the thought that counts, right?
20. I'll spoil her with non-material-like things and she'll love it. I can hear the praises already.
21. She just doesn't need to know the truth: like I forgot Mother's Day and I have no money because I spent it all on new season Valentino heels.