So you used to be the type of woman who made fun of crazy brides? But now that you are ready to tie the knot, you’ve found yourself in the same predicament, obsessing over the smallest details.
Inspired by the hilarious wedding planner scene in family comedy, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 - where the bride is ‘FIRED’ by her wedding planner for being too meticulous – we’ve put together a guide to help calm your inner bridezilla.
10 ways to keep calm and say “I do”...
1. Take your time to research various wedding planners and find one that has the same ‘vision’ as you.
2. Ensure you get along with your wedding planner, they will be by your side most days for the next few months.
3. Relieve stress by taking up a new exercise class. Not only will the exercise release endorphins making you feel happier, it will ensure you look amazing in your dress!
4. Get your beauty rest. Having at least 7 hours of quality sleep every night will help keep your thoughts straight, mood swings at bay and mind clear for the important stuff.
5. Stop trying to keep EVERYONE happy! We know you want everyone to be talking about how amazing your wedding was... But, chances are people aren't going to care if your table settings are white or ivory.
6. Organising a wedding is not an easy task, so don’t insist on doing everything yourself. Delegate! Share the load with your bridesmaids.
7. Remember that no one is setting out to intentionally upset you. Trust that your helpers have your best interest at heart and they aren't trying to ruin your day.
8. While everyone is focusing on pulling together the finer details of your special day, sneak off and get a massage. Treat yourself!
9. BREATHE! Inhale positivity and let go of all the negativity and bad energy- it's only weighing you down.
10. And finally, don't forget the “we” in wedding. You are not the only one who will be tying the knot on the day. Take time out from all the finger-pointing and cake tasting to make time to be with your partner, free of stress and wedding talk.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, the long-awaited follow-up to the highest-grossing romantic comedy of all time will be in cinemas on March 24th 2016.
Words: Frances van Eeden