The New Year marks four more months of Australian summer weather (give or take a seasonal storm or two) which means our warmer climate wardrobes are still on-trend. We'd like to suggest four trends to transform wardrobes for tired and sun-soaked to tasteful and timeless. We're focusing on white out, monochrome, effortless pre-twenty first century and sport chic.
- Suitable for day and night, Summmer and Winter, the white out trend is contemporary, easy and fresh.
- Don't be afraid to opt for all over white-out, styled up with daring accessories.
- Wear it to the office then swap into some strappy sandals for optimum bar-side glam.
- Take summer as an opportunity to work on the ideal bronzed glow to complement crisp whites.
- Emilio Pucci has made the trend one to watch.
- It's classic, chic and timeless. Monochrome is our favourite go-to trend.
- Black on white with a splash of grey is best worn head to toe to create the full effect.
- Make the look sophisticated and bold with sky-high heels.
- Oozing confidence is key in pulling of this classic yet prominent trend.
Pre-twenty First Century
- This trend is all about dressing down with inspiration from the 70's and 90's combined.
- Denim is perfectly okay, made modern with a crisp shirt, statement accessories and high stilettoes.
- While scrunchies remain a no-go, caps make for the ultimate trend-setter piece.
- This dated trend is the perfect excuse to sport relaxed cuts and soft figures.
- Sport Chic is all about versatility and ease of wearability.
- Mesh is combined with linen, architectural cuts and boxy figures.
- Sport Chic takes shorts and t-shirts from the gym to the bar with a modern and cultured aesthetic.
- Gucci and Tom Ford know how to make the trend one to stay.
- 2014 in fashion is looking promising and we're excited to see how runways interpret the trends of the year as the seasons pass.