It doesn't matter how long your prior relationship lasted or what went wrong, this is the cycle us newly-single women go through after a breakup.
1. You analyse EVERY detail of what possibly went wrong.
2. You start a new relationship ... with food and wine.
3. You wallow...
4. You despise all couples. Nobody dare mention the L-word, let alone partake in PDA - yuck!
5. It hits you, that empty feeling. You feel extremely lonely.
6. Then your angry self comes to visit. Unleash your inner Sasha Fierce -you are not held responsible for anything she says or does.
7. You attempt to go on a bender.
8. Until you realise all your friends are in happy relationships and won’t join in on your ‘love is the worst’ tirade.
9. The denial stage sets in when your friends and family try to intervene.
10. You decide let your freak flag fly.
11. Finally, self-acceptance sets in and you come to terms with the fact that you don’t need another to define you! Well, until the next muscle man comes along.
Words: Frances van Eeden