Rokstar Salon Director, Brodie-Lee Stubbins has predicted the top hair trends for Spring Summer 2015. This season's hottest looks are all about braids, blondes and middle parts, “We’re going to see some pretty strong centre parts this season – it’s all about the centre part, blondes and braids that are definitely here to stay,” said Stubbins.
"The introduction of the latest revolution in hair lightening, OLAPLEX, is a game changer. This product is the insurance policy for all blondes - a lightening system that enables the colourist to go lighter without compromising the integrity of the hair. Leading up to summer, it’s the perfect reason for a big change!"
"We’re expecting to see lots of platinum blondes; think Rhianna’s latest cool white look along with Gwenyth Paltrow’s cool blonde enhanced with ‘babylights’. For spring and summer we will still see a lot of pastels and soft hues, which is a fun way to experiment on light-coloured hair with fashion colours that require little maintenance," said Stubbins.
The top hair trends for the season
Braids, any shape and any sort - its all about the braid!
Centre parts worn clean and strong to really enhance the facial features.
The low pony is back, sweeping from a nice strong centre part back into a low pony or bun.
For a free-spirited, bohemian moment style carefree, barely-there waves best achieved with the Cloud Nine Waving Wand.
Achieve the Boho Wave in 6 steps
The Boho Wave is easy to do and can look a million dollars! This style requires a styling product for hold and the Cloud Nine wand, you can also use a sea salt mist for extra texture.
- Start by working a sea salt mist into the hair and giving it a good texture dry with your hair dryer.
- Divide the hair into four sections. This works best if you divide ear to ear and centre part from the nose to the back of the neck.
- Using your Cloud Nine wand on a low heat setting, wind the sections back off the face and wrap hair around the wand leaving the ends out.
- Hold until hair feels hot then release.
- Use your fingers to manipulate the curl whilst it is still warm - by doing this, the hair will cool and set in the same way. Repeat throughout the back sections then use a dressing brush such as a Mason Pearson to smooth.
- Spray in some light hold hairspray and your look will be complete.
About Brodie-Lee Stubbins
Stubbins, Chief Rokstar babe, sleeps and breathes hair and fashion, her passion and love for the hair and beauty industry is unwavering. As the Rokstar Director, ANZ Sebastian Design Team artist and Cloud 9 Ambassador, Brodie makes it a point to constantly educate herself and her dedicated team to bring to you the latest trends in Hair and fashion. Brodie has a particular love for working with soft, long hair as well as on-trend shorter looks, keeping a close eye on high-fashion trends generated in Europe, the UK and America. Regularly travelling abroad to work on various Fashion Weeks and projects behind the scenes, Brodie possesses a one-of-a-kind, innate ability to take looks from the catwalk to the street; ensuring your hairstyle perfectly complements your particular brand of funky fashionista steet style or professional career gal, to a tee.