The title says it all - some of us are just never going to enjoy early mornings but luckily there are habits you can take up to help you become more acceptant of early mornings. If like us, you resemble some form of cave creature in the morning and only manage to grumble a few words, these 5 tips can help you become a better version of yourself during those early morning hours.
1. Go to sleep early enough so you can get at least eight hours sleep and keep that bedtime consistent! This will allow your body to get into a routine meaning instead of wanting to hit snooze in the morning you will wake up with energy.
2. Allow natural light into your bedroom to let your body know when it is time to wake up.
3. When you set your alarm, keep your phone away from your beside so that you have to physically get up to turn off the beeping. Once you are out of bed the hardest part of waking up is over!
4. Do something you love! Make your morning routine something you look forward to by doing something you enjoy while getting ready, this could be watching your favourite YouTube video, listening to a motivational podcast or pumping out some upbeat tunes.
5. Breakfast is the most important meal of your day; we have had it drilled into us since a young age, why do so many of us still not listen? Try mashed avocado on toast for a meal that is both delicious and filled with good fat to get your brain working.
Words: Frances van Eeden