and that one third of us have never changed our skincare.
The research also found that many of us – up to 70% – have bought a product and used it only once because it was wrong for our skin type.
So, what skin are you in?
- To see if you have OILY skin, cleanse your face, leaving it free from moisturiser overnight. On waking, run your finger down your nose. If it slips easily and feels greasy, it's oily.
- Sensitive skin can be easily irritated. Typical reactions are itching, burning, chafing and stinging. To be truly SENSITIVE, your cheeks will be constantly hot to the touch.
- Pinch your cheeks. If vertical lines show up, you have DEHYDRATED skin.
- DRY skin is characterised by dry and flaking patches, tight closed pores and prone to broken capillaries/red patches.
- COMBINATION skin is just what it says – an oily T-zone (forehead, nose and chin area) and dry cheeks.
Three things your skin needs to know...
- Don't buy the same cream over and over. Lifestyle changes, medication, and weather all affect your skin and the products it needs. Reassess your skin regularly.
- Stop being so heavy-handed. When we're in a rush, we apply far too much product to our faces. Be sparing and just put the cream where it's needed.
- Cleansing is the most important part of your routine. Cleansing properly with the right product means any skincare you follow with will penetrate better.