Going to the gym is HARD. Just getting there can be a process in itself - you've got to find the coolest gym clothes, curate the perfect workout playlist, get your gym gear ready and of course, actually get to the gym. I'm tired just thinking about it!
For those days when you literally can't be bothered, here are some completely legitimate reasons not to go to the gym.
1. I went yesterday.
2. I'll go tomorrow.
3. It's always SO busy at the gym during the week. It makes more sense to go on the weekend instead.
4. I really need to vacuum.
5. I can't find an empty water bottle anywhere. It would be a waste to buy one for just one workout.
6. I'm in a relationship. Who am I trying to impress?
7. I can't find my gym playlist anywhere so it's pointless going because my rhythm will be all off. Spotify, it's your fault I can't go NOT MINE.
8. What if my ex is there?
9. I mean, I've already worked out once this week. I don't want to get TOO muscly.
10. The gym? On a Monday? Haha very funny. No thanks.
11. I'm still hungover from the weekend.
12. I've got really bad period pain. I don't care if all the experts say exercise helps. Chocolate and lying in bed helps more.
13. I've completely run out of shampoo so how am I supposed to wash my hair after?
14. My dog needs a bath.
15. I really need to floss.
16. What if mum calls? She gets really annoyed if I don't answer her calls and I just don't need that negativity in my life.
17. I mean, it IS the weekend. Weekends are made for DVDs and lying around all day, not exercise.
18. I had such a small breakfast. I really haven't consumed enough energy. Going to the gym would just be flat out dangerous.
19. I can't find my headphones. I absolutely can't exercise without music. That's just madness!
20. What if I miss an important phone call?
21. It's probably closed anyway.
22. What if it rains? Then the roads will flood and I'll get trapped in my car and DIE.
23. My runners are dirty.
24. I sneezed yesterday so I'm probably coming down with the flu. Better stay in.
25. What if my house gets broken into while I'm gone?
26. Sex is supposed to burn just as many calories as exercise anyway and let's face it, that's WAY more fun.
27. I've just fake tanned. Surely if I exercise now, the sweat will just make it go all streaky and there's no way I can risk THAT.
28. It's really bad for your hair to wash it too much and I just washed it this morning. I can't exercise without washing my hair, therefore I can't exercise.
29. I can't find a hair tie anywhere.
30. Ugh, I'll just go tomorrow.
Emma is just your average book loving, tea drinking, story writing, narcissistic millennial on an eternal quest for the perfect t-shirt. Ever since she picked up her first copy of Dolly when she was twelve, she always knew she wanted to work in magazines. She would describe herself as a bit of a hopeless romantic with an obsession for true crime and horror and a love for red wine, whiskey or a stiff gin and tonic. When she's not binge watching Netflix or buying things she can't afford online, she spends her weekends trawling through bookstores and eating her way through Brisbane.